Buddy Toss is a unique and well-designed game you can now download as an apk. From the studio CurryGames, who’ve brought us other fun and high-rated games like 2248, Balls Cup and Cross Line, this reaction and progression game tests how far you can launch your buddy into the stratosphere!
We’ll give you a rundown of the gameplay, what we think of the game, and whether or not you should download this game to play now. Thanks to the magic of apk downloads, you don’t need to use the Google Play Store to play this fun game!
Best Features, What does the game actually include?
So the gameplay mechanics are pretty simple, like many other Android games. Straightforward tap controls mean that just about anyone can play this game and get good at it quickly.
You play the role of a very large bodybuilder who has a strange obsessions with launching his friend high into the air. A totally unrealistic height, might we add, and a height that even the world’s greatest Olympians would never reach.
However, the game is simply fun. You upgrade your character as you go along. You have two initial options to upgrade, your size and your strength. There is no real optimum way to go about upgrading these so go with whatever you like.
Once you’ve started to reach some really impressive heights, you’ll get the option to start upgrading you actual guy. Become an even more impressive bodybuilder and buddy tosser!
Is Buddy Toss worth downloading? i.e, is the game any good?
There are thousands of games on the Play Store. What about Buddy Toss makes it worth download? We’ll start with the positives first.
Great features of Buddy Toss
- Well, the game isn’t large. Only 48MB of memory on your Android phone which probably has space for this game and then some.
- The gameplay is…fun. However quickly the fun might wear off doesn’t matter. With a wealth of other games to try it’s obvious that your intoxication with Buddy Toss will only last so long, but for the few fleeting moments where you learn to master the ways of the toss, the game is pretty good.
- Why? It tests your reaction time and speed. There is something satisfying about the way the game zooms out to show you the distance you cover as your friend flies upwards, then shrinks on the way back down.
- There is a good sense of progression, which is basically the key to any addictive or fun game, especially on a format as traditionally transient as the ‘mobile.’
Not-so great features of Buddy Toss
Now for the points about the game that are not so great. These aren’t necessarily gameplay mechanics, but the design of the game itself. And, of course, the pitfall of all these types of games. ADS.
- ADVERTISEMENTS. These are the bane of any Android gamer’s life. Some apps have a great way of reducing the amount of ads that pop up, either through clever marketing schemes that give you the OPTION to watch ads, or through placing them discretely. Buddy Toss does NOT do this.
- The ads pop up after every time you ‘fail’ a level. However, ‘failing’ the level is inherently built into the game design. Once you run out of strength, the round ends. This means that you will be watching an advert every minute at least.
- And these adverts…well, they’re not entirely suitable. You can tell that the developers have sold the ad rights to just about anyone who pays. This means you end up with some definitely weird and not-so-wonderful adverts popping up in your face every minute.
Of course, there are ways to reduce the amount of ads you get on your mobile games. You could install something like a Patcher (which you can find on APKNite) or just turn off your internet connection while gaming, either by fully disconnecting or just switching your phone to airplane mode.
The devs of Buddy Toss have noted in the game’s review section that they will be making changes to the advertisements, but for the time being the game risks falling into that all-too-familiar category. A game designed not for the merits of the game itself, but rather just get some quick cash for a team of developers.